ROYAL ENFIELD LAUNCHES THE SCRAM 411 ADV CROSSOVER – Highlights
- A spirited, multipurpose ADV Crossover that combines high altitude adventurer DNA with authentic scrambler vibes
- A brand new sub-category that is an able multi-tasker, optimized for agility and always ready to take on challenges
- Unveiled for global audiences today, with immediate retail availability in India
- To debut in Europe and Asia Pacific markets by mid of this year
- Starting at a limited period introductory price of INR 2,03,085*
- Scram 411 to be available in three variants and seven stunning colorways
- Test rides and booking in India to commence today
Royal Enfield, unveiled the Scram 411 – the brand’s first ADV crossover. The new Scram 411 is an engaging, accessible and capable street scrambler, with the heart of an adventure motorcycle. Built on Royal Enfield’s proven LS-410 engine platform and the Harris Performance chassis, the Scram 411 combines spirited agility on urban streets, with competent rough-roading capabilities. Focused and purposeful changes in the riding geometry and ergonomics make it ideal for in-city riding, as well as unpredictable, challenging trails off the urban grid.
- Unveiled for global audiences, the new Scram 411 will be available for test rides and bookings in India starting today.
- The motorcycle will be available in Europe and across countries in the Asia Pacific region by mid of this year,
- Thereafter will be launched in North America and Latin America as well.
The Scram 411 is a continuation of Royal Enfield’s constant quest to enable the pursuit of exploration, and to build motorcycles that can be the perfect ally for every adventure. One such motorcycle is the Himalayan – Royal Enfield’s first purpose-built, adventure tourer. Inspired by its terrain and decades of riding experience in the Himalayas, the Himalayan is the spartan, yet immensely capable motorcycle that is perfect for most riders, and has built a thriving subculture of adventure touring across the world. Launched in 2016, the Himalayan has received global recognition for its pure and unique design and well-rounded capability, making it among Royal Enfield’s best selling motorcycles across the world. These highly regarded and terrain-tested characteristics of the Himalayan were the inspiration for a more urban, scrambler style evolution – the Scram 411.
The Scram 411 is a new subspecies that has the authentic vibes of a scrambler and comes with built-in strong adventure DNA. It is a motorcycle that feels playfully agile on urban roads, yet is a highly capable multi-tasker that is always ready for whatever comes its way.
Scram 411 – Engine & Chassis
Powered at the heart by the LS-410 engine platform and the Harris Performance Chassis, the Scram 411’s riding ergonomics make it an effortless and engaging ride in everyday urban riding situations.
- The Scram 411 is powered by the globally appreciated 411cc, fuel-injected, 4-stroke, SOHC, air-cooled single-cylinder engine.
- The engine has a maximum power of 24.3bhp at 6500rpm
- max torque of 32Nm at 4000-4500 rpm
Scram 411 – Suspension & Handling
Traversing the urban maze on a motorcycle demands confidence, comfort and stability – be it snaking traffic snarls and pot-holed roads, or the hidden tracks on back roads best for cheeky evening slides. With its long travel suspension and monoshocks, and class-leading 200mm ground clearance, the Scram 411 promises a smooth and comfortable ride for the rider and pillion over long stretches on the saddle. The telescopic front suspension with 41mm forks and 190mm travel, along with 180mm travel on the rear with monoshock linkages, ensure stable and confident riding over varying and rough road conditions. The front and the rear discs combined with dual-channel ABS, offers confident braking.
The change in the riding geometry is brought about by the 19-inch, dual purpose front tyres. This combined with the 17-inch rear tyres are key elements that bring nimble handling to the motorcycle. The wheel sizes are ideal to provide best handling and excellent rolling capability over speed bumps and potholes. The dual-purpose tyres ensure a confident grip over tarmac and on loose gravel, while bringing the perfect combination of on-road grip and rough-road tractability.
Scram 411 – Seating & Ergonomics
The seat on the new Scram 411 has been reimagined for greater comfort over long saddle time. The new single seat that reflects the urban styling of the motorcycle, offers great comfort for both rider and pillion in long city commute as well as when taking the road less travelled. The accessible seat height makes it easy to maneuver the motorcycle in stop and go traffic. The ride ergonomics on the Scram 411 feels very planted and confident. The handlebar position and seat height make the ride experience dynamic, and engaging. It retains a commanding and comfortable riding position while making it easy to ride when seated or standing up.
Scram 411 – HUD
- The new motorcycle has a digital-analog instrument cluster that provides easy access to essential information on the digital screen.
- The off-set old-school, analog speedometer adds to the Scram’s style and makes for easy viewing in peripheral vision.
- The instrument cluster also has an auto meter, trip meter, time, fuel gauge with a low warning, and service reminder.
- The Royal Enfield Tripper Navigation pod is available as an MiY option on all variants of the Scram 411.
With colourway inspirations coming from hip-hop cultures like skating, and night streets in cities like Tokyo and New Delhi, the new Scram 411 is available in seven colourways across three variants. Designed to stand-out, the colourways reflect a distinct urban vibe, with dark shades combined with highlight colours to pop and break the monotony:
- The Scram 411 in Graphite Yellow, Graphite Red and Graphite Blue, come with grey tanks and distinct tank badges and matching tyre rim tapes.
- The Skyline Blue and Blazing Black have distinct colour tanks with the identifiable Royal Enfield stripes and matching mud guards.
- The top-end variant, in two colourways – White Flame and Silver Spirit – flaunt dual tank colours, with unique and fun graphics.
The Scram 411 comes adventure ready with an array of motorcycle accessories that complement the lifestyle and purpose, and provide enhanced comfort, protection and style. Designed, developed and homologated alongside the motorcycle, the range includes accessories for protection, style and comfort.
Ideal for riding in the urban environment and over weekend getaways, Royal Enfield’s Genuine Motorcycle Accessories come with a comprehensive 3-year warranty.
Customers can now discover, book a test ride, customize, and book their Scram 411 via:
- The Royal Enfield App – GOOGLE PLAY & APP STORE
- At the company website on royalenfield.com,
- Or at the nearest Royal Enfield Store.
Bookings and test rides begin across dealerships in India today at a limited period introductory price of:
- INR 2,03,085* for the Graphite Red, Yellow and Blue;
- INR 2,04,921* for the Skyline Blue and Blazing Black; and
- INR 2,08,593* for the Scram 411 Silver Spirit and White Flame
* All prices mentioned herewith are ex-showroom Chennai prices
About Royal Enfield
The oldest motorcycle brand in continuous production, Royal Enfield has created beautifully crafted motorcycles since 1901. From its British roots, a manufacturing plant was established in Madras in 1955, a foothold from which Royal Enfield spearheaded the growth of India’s mid-sized two-wheeler segment. Royal Enfields are engaging, uncomplicated, accessible, and fun to ride; a vehicle for exploration and self-expression. It’s an approach the brand calls Pure Motorcycling.
A division of Eicher Motors Limited, Royal Enfield operates through 1033 large format dealerships and 1038 studio stores in all major cities and towns in India and exports to over 60 countries around the globe. The company’s two state-of-the-art production facilities are located at Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal, near Chennai. Royal Enfield recently invested in two world-class technical centres, in Bruntingthorpe, UK, and Chennai, India, and in 2020 opened its first assembly unit outside India, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. With more than 17% growth year-on-year for the last 5 years and sales in international markets up 96% in 2019-20, Royal Enfield is the leader in the global mid-size motorcycle market.
Royal Enfield’s premium line-up includes:
- The all-new Meteor 350 cruiser
- Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 twins
- Himalayan adventure tourer
- The iconic Bullet 350 & Classic 350 singles
Riders and a passionate community are fostered with a rich profusion of events at a local, regional and international level. Most notable are:
- Rider Mania, an annual gathering of thousands of Royal Enfield enthusiasts in Goa
- Himalayan Odyssey, a yearly pilgrimage over some of the toughest terrain and highest mountain passes.
#ReadySetScram #Scram411 #RoyalEnfieldScram